In order to gain popularity and enhance your brand image one of the most foremost things that one should keep in mind in creating a good website. A good website is the first step of impression to the viewers as well as your client and it is important for the success of your newly launched website.
A good designed website can improve the number of footfalls to your website thus increasing to the profit of your company and products where as an ill created website will discourage visitors to visit your website, thus reducing business and also spoil your brand image in the market. Thus it is very important to keep in mind the dos and don’ts while creating a website for a company.
Let us discuss about the top four dos and don’ts which need to be kept in mind while creating a website.
Top Four Dos
1. While designing a website, keep in mind that there will be all kinds of people visiting your website including lay men as well as businessman. It is necessary that you keep your website simple and user friendly so that people do not have to search around finding what they need to find. The navigation options should be simple so that information is easily available. Each page should have pertinent links to augment the visiting experience of client visiting experience. Ideally the customer should get the relevant information in the click of a button.
2. The content of the website should be simple and lucid so that customer can find what he wants. If the customer has some problems, there should be a link which would direct the customer to the site to report a problem.
3. The website must have a professional look with soothing backgrounds and customized colors, easily available fonts and graphics.
4. Another important thing to be noticed is that the website should be created in such a way that it can be opened with all browsers like internet explorer as well as Mozilla and Google chrome. More number of customers will visit the website if it is convenient.
Top Four Don’ts
1. A too much congested website does not look good. The information looks cluttered and clumsy. So it is good if the website is well spaced with all information under different groups. So do not put in too much off information in one page.
2. Do not use colors that are too hard to look at like very bright colors. Instead use colors that are soothing and relaxing. The font size should also not be too large. The visuals in the page should also not be too large, bright or disturbing.
3. Don’t keep the website to what it was 1 month back. Regularly keep on updating your website with new and updated information. New information would draw customers to your websites more frequently.
4. Do not fill up the home page of your website with advertisements. Too much advertorials tend to irritate people which results in less people visiting your website.
Following these basic methods while designing a website will definitely help you to enhance traffic to your website, increasing your revenue making you a victorious industrialist.