These are the photography logos being used by photography studios and freelance photographers.
We dedicated the previous week to logo design posts and articles. One post that was published during last week was smart company logos. That post was a big hit but we received feedback that you guys wanted a specialized post on photography logos. So here it is, your wish is our command.
These are the best photography logos that we have found over the internet. If you are a photographer, or a logo designer, you must check out this logo inspiration post.
You might also like to check out brand logos.
Tips for designing photography related logos
1. The most common technique for creating a photography logo is to use a camera sketch/design. If you don’t have a unique idea for a logo, you should go with a camera or lens symbol in the logo.
2. Don’t make a typographic logo. Photography is all about images so a photographer’s logo should contain symbols and icons, not text.
3. Make the logo easily recognizable. Keep it simple. These days, simple is stylish.
4. Go for a colored logo. Mostly logo designers suggest that you go for a black and white logo but as a photographer, you are mostly working with colors so you have the excuse to full color.
5. Don’t copy a logo. That will never work. Taking inspiration is one thing but copying is just a near crime.
6. Add your specialty of work in the logo. For instance if you are a wedding photographer, add something weddingy in the logo. This maybe a bouquet or something…
7. Apart from the camera or lens, another element that can be used in any photography logo is the human eye. You might use the eye or just the eyeball, your call.
8. Don’t do too much in the logo. The logo is not supposed to tell a thousand words. So a simple memorable design is all you need. Most famous logos do not have great hidden stories in them.
9. Do not underestimate the power of a logo. A logo is the identity and the face of any business. You need to make pay full attention towards it because this does deserve it.
10. Photography logos sometimes lack the catch. They just become too ordinary because the photographers tend towards elegance and minimalism so much that logo is not catchy enough. This is a mistake. Logos should be catchy and they should acquire a second look. These photography logos I’ve collected for you are catchy enough.