WordPress is one of the most favorite CMSes of everybody. It’s easy, it’s fast and it’s Free. It is by far the most used CMS, and according to a DoNanza project, it is still boosting its market share by 61%. I must confess here that we are also using WordPress at Designzzz.
What makes WordPress so special? Apart from all the things I pointed out earlier, its widgets (plugins) also play a big role making it this much popular. You can find all kinds of widgets to improve your site. These widgets are mostly developed by third party companies and individuals. They may relate to designing, SEO, development and all kinds of stuff.
This post is intended for professional bloggers who want to improve the protection and security of their websites. It is a collection of widgets that improve the security of your WordPress website. All these widgets are absolutely FREE and still most of them are five star rated.
You Might Also Like to View: Free Yet Useful WordPress Widgets to Power-up your Blog
I have copied the original description from the source, for further details or installation instructions about any of these widgets, please visit the mother site by clicking at the relevant title.
Allows admins to create user groups and set access restrictions for any post, page or section.
Limits rate of login attempts, including by way of cookies, for each IP.
Fast, one click website security protection. Protects your website from ALL XSS and SQL Injection hacking attempts.
“Hotlinking” is when some other site links an image (or any resource) stored on your site into a page of its own. Now the other site is Hotlinking (also known as inlinking) from your site. If you are being hotlinked, your server usage goes high, and the visitors on the other site may not even know that it’s your content they are seeing.
The WordPress Automatic Image Hotlink Protection plugin is a single step script designed to stop others from stealing your images.
Protect your downloads from non-members and leechers.
Extends the feed at copyright, a digital fingerprint, IP of feed-reader, comments, related posts! Search for content theft and many more features.
Secure your WordPress Installation with small functions.
Scans your WordPress installation for security vulnerabilities.
Interactive CAPTCHA is the free unique anti-spam solution for your site. Filling the captcha feels like a game, rather than a bot test.
A collection of numerous security fixes and modifications to help protect a standard WordPress installation.
- Removes the meta “Generator” tag
- Removes login error messages
- Changes the urls for backend functions including login, admin, and more
- Limits admin access to specified IP or range of IP addresses
- Bans troublesome bots and other hosts
- Completely turns off the ability to login for a given time period (away mode)
- Prevents brute force attacks by banning hosts and users with too many invalid login attempts
- Displays a random version number to non administrative users anywhere version is used (often attached to plugin resources such as scripts and style sheets)
- Removes theme, plugin, and core update notifications from users who do not have permission to update them (useful on multisite installations)
- Removes Windows Live Write header information
- Removes RSD header information
- Strengthens .htaccess settings
- Enforces strong passwords for all accounts of a configurable minimum role
- Basic Intrusion detection (based on 404 logging)
- Renames “admin” account
- Security checker
- Allows for changing the WordPress table prefix where necessary
- Forces SSL for admin pages (on supporting servers)
- Changes wp-content path
Protect your valuable blog content as well as images from getting copied. Disable right click and selection of text.