Without a shred of doubt, most people will agree that the most beautiful images and scenes are that of nature. One can say, as a matter of fact, that a simple picture of an empty beach or that of a butterfly leaving its cocoon most often captures the attention of its onlooker.
Nature is vast and unlimited. It transcends human comprehension and understanding. So, we can only gaze, enjoy and marvel at its casual magnificence and simple complexity.
Nature photos and images usually cast an indescribable effect on us. They can be comforting, inspiring, mesmerizing, stunning and exciting all at the same time. Sometimes you could happen upon a nature photography and be lost in the visual caress and mental fondling it brings you.
“Those who contemplate the beauty of the earth find reserves of strength that will endure as long as life lasts. … There is something infinitely healing in the repeated refrains of nature — the assurance that dawn comes after night, and spring after winter.” —Rachel Carson, Silent Spring
Ever seen stunning pictures of flowers as they blossom? That’s nature in play, and here’s a collection of beautiful flowers. You can check out this post about beautiful tree photography too, you won’t be disappointed.
So, being a lover of nature and all things nature, I went around and made a huge collection of nature images.
This collection contains beautiful images of nature in play, most of which you might not have seen before. It includes photographs of trees, landscapes, fields, parks, wildlife, sunsets , sun rises, and so on. They are masterpieces that can only be taken by talented photographers.
Hope you will find them inspiring! Don’t forget to share too.
In this article you will find:
- Iconic nature photography
- Breathtaking landscape photos
- Photos of colorful and serene nature parks
- Awesome wildlife photos
- Miscellaneous nature photos
- Tips for taking nature photographs
Iconic nature photography
First of, I present you this modicum of exquisite nature photography. You can easily say this is nature photography at its best.
Barn Reclaimed by Nature
A Beautiful Scene of Nature. This barn, left alone years ago, was reclaimed by nature in its own way. Absolutely stunning.
Iceland Waterfall Showing the power of nature. You can guess the expression on the face of the guy experiencing this. It is simply majestic.
Four people sit down to take a moment to admire the mesmerizing scenery of this mystic mountain.
There are thousands of words you could use to describe this scenery of contrasting greens.
Me, I’m speechless.
This is a shot of the likely genesis of a new world. The view is wow.
Lost in colors
Next, I present you this collection of breathtaking landscape photography. These are landscapes in different kinds of weather and different areas. All you have to do is stay calm and absorb the magic. 🙂
Who knew a canoe on a pond will blend so well with this background to create this indescribable effect?
The sun’s afro
This, by no doubt, is a stunning picture. Notice the contrasting colors of the sky?
A beautiful sunset.
Columbine Island Sunset
In Solitude IR
Maloti Pass : Reprocessed
Peace of mind
I am nothing, in the dark
Desert Storm 2
Away from the shadows
Midst of Solace
Trees are beautiful and a combination of trees can give one an enthralling effect. This is a collection of photos of natural parks and trees and forests. Enjoy.
Bask in the glory of the autumn sun.
Here is nature, captured in one of its purest form. The waterfall, greens, and flowing stream all combine to form one beautiful nature scenery.
A rail line during the forest at autumn.
In a trance
Flash of Color
The Fallen Son
Wildlife Nature Photography
This is a collection of pictures showing the little things in wildlife. Kudos to the photographers who took these pictures, they all masterpieces.
Nature’s way of displaying love.
Miscellaneous Nature Photos
Finally, we have a collection of nature images taken at random. Note that these pictures are equally inspiring and stunning as the others, if not more.
snow and fire
Tips on Taking Beautiful Nature Photography
Beautiful photos are taken by talented, brilliant photographers. There’s a lot one needs to know in order to take nature photographs that will really stand out.
So here are a few photography tips and techniques for taking photos of the natural world:
- Don’t always put the subject of your photo in the center. This might seem odd, but remember that the subject of your photo isn’t going to be the only thing in it. However, everything depends on how it blends with its surrounding.
- Get out early. Not only is the early morning light usually good, you’ll also avoid the crowds that gather later at popular places.
- Appreciate overcast days, and make the most out of them. Their diffused light can make for increased color saturation in your images,
- Try shooting birds in a natural background without man-made objects such as utility poles, wires, fences, and buildings, which compete for attention.
- With a good tripod, you can set up and be ready when the lighting is right. However, don’t be afraid to handhold at slow shutter speeds—the serendipitous effects can be wonderful.
- When you decide what makes you want to photograph a place, think of adjectives to describe it—and include a detail in your photograph that conveys that adjective.
- If you are taking wildlife photographs, use a shallow depth of field for close-ups to blur out background distractions.
- When photographing details of nature, try different angles—above, below, from the side, and so on—to find the most interesting composition. In addition, it is always good to take the photos at different angles.
- The best lens for bird photography is a telephoto with a focal length of 400mm or greater. Hence, a 70mm-to-300mm zoom works well for birds that can be approached closely. Also, you can use a tripod for lenses which are longer than 300mm.
In addition, here’s a video offering more tips.
That’s all. Hope you enjoyed it- and don’t forget to share.