You would have seen many Fashion Photography posts, we made a few on Designzzz. But today I thought of manipulating this idea a lil bit.
This is a collection of inspirational conceptual pictures which have the sense of fashion photography in them. These pictures don’t only show the clothing but the use and style of wearing it, this photography does not focus on the object but rather on the environment.
Quite honestly such pictures look great on your portfolio but a textile company would never use them on their billboards I’m afraid.
When I started making this post, I consulted with Tayyab and we realized that this is a big subject, so I asked him to write a complete article on this subject. Here’s the link to that article: 5 Step Fashion Photography Quick Guide
But I’m giving a summary of that article right here.
1. Make a Concept: you should always have a concept before taking a shot. Take a lot of inspiration from magazines, covers and wherever you can find it.
2. Stay Active: stay fit, stay energetic, you’ll lose your touch if you lose your health.
3. Direct the Models: don’t expect that models will just present the beautiful shot in a platter, you’ll have to direct them.
4. Preparation: Studio Photography needs twice as much preparation compared to outdoor photography.
5. Discover your Style: everyone has a style of their own, discover yours. You can be good with props, or closeups, or maybe… sky is the limit, just experiment.
Fashion Photography Examples